Changeable mouseover message

malrog678

Morning, here's something for you. I wasn't able to find solution to my question anywhere. However if this topic has appeared somewhere here already, please let me know where I can find my answers.

I've got 2 Excel sheets with linked information on both tabs. First one is a table containing a log of all employees names and their locker number. Second one is 'a map' of locker rooms with 'ticks' and 'crosses' to show current locker availability. Each locker has a corresponding cell next to it with user's name (vlookup to the log). To save space and make the layout look more like a real map, and be more readable, all cells which contain names are hidden. Now the pickle:
Every time when a user is opening the map, and hover over the cell (locker number) or click on it, I would like to see a comment-like message which will show name of the person who that locker belongs to. I don't want to insert a comment or use Data validation message box, because they will not change automatically when a locker changes owner.
Would it be possible with VBA though? Or maybe there is some other smart way of dealing with this? Surprise me ^^
And massive THANK YOU for even reading my post :)
M.

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Thank you for your reply. However this is not exactly what I'm looking for. I thought rather of information looking like comment box, which appears when you hover over the cell, or when you click on it, but dissappears when you change the selection. I know that I could simply use comment option, but I would like the content of such comment to change automatically, when I update the table from the second worksheet. Is that even possible?? I'd like to think that everything is possible with a little bit of knowledge ^^

Upvote 0
Code:
Option Explicit

Private Sub Label1_MouseDown(ByVal Button As Integer, ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)
    Label1.Caption = "This is your caption"
End Sub

Private Sub Label1_MouseUp(ByVal Button As Integer, ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)
    Label1.Caption = ""
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lunzwe73

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back