Charting Tips

Siyanna

Hi Guys

I have a chart which shows positive and negative values. The problem i have is that my axis goes loopy when negative values are shown (I,e over laps) what tips can you give to get round this issue

If you look at the logic of what your trying to display, 25,000 against 5, how would you expect the columns to display?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Hi Sorry to be a pain.

I guess all i need is a logharithm which will also work for negative numbers. If this can't be done easily by formatting or formula then can you please help with VBA coding.

P.s Does anyone know why the Logharithm has not been considered to work for Neg values also and why is there not a built in function which could handle if values were alot higher than other values?

Many Thanks

Upvote 0
If you look at the logic of what your trying to display, 25,000 against 5, how would you expect the columns to display?

I want it displayed so you can see the 5 value a little rather than not showing like blank?

What chart type is best use for this type of scenario and how would you do this?

Upvote 0
Hi Sorry to be a pain.

I guess all i need is a logharithm which will also work for negative numbers. If this can't be done easily by formatting or formula then can you please help with VBA coding.

P.s Does anyone know why the Logharithm has not been considered to work for Neg values also and why is there not a built in function which could handle if values were alot higher than other values?

Many Thanks

Bump Bump

Upvote 0
Hi Sorry to be a pain.

Many Thanks

Please guys,
Any luck
I didn't think the chart part would have been such a pain :)

Upvote 0
Your not getting many responses for a reason, what you want isn't really feasible. Take a picture of a double deck bus that has a model car scale 5/25000 beside it, take it so that you get both the bus and car in the same picture and once you print out the pic you'll see theres no sign of the car.

The only way would be in upping your 5 to something like 500, or more till you get it visible on your chart then play with the formatting so that the legend looks like 5. Whats increments is showing?

Upvote 0
Your not getting many responses for a reason, what you want isn't really feasible. Take a picture of a double deck bus that has a model car scale 5/25000 beside it, take it so that you get both the bus and car in the same picture and once you print out the pic you'll see theres no sign of the car.

The only way would be in upping your 5 to something like 500, or more till you get it visible on your chart then play with the formatting so that the legend looks like 5. Whats increments is showing?

Hi,

I have some financial incoming values on a daily basis. The figures for each product can change to a minus or positive number.

Now from what i have seen the sales will almost never be in credit of 200,000 or in debit of 200,000.

I don't want to format the chart daily (WANT IT AUTOMATED). Is there a way i can use the logharithm scale for neg values also because that seems to be the closest match for what i need.

I am sorry if am not mking myself clear.

Upvote 0
You could plot the smaller numbers against a secondary y axis.

Upvote 0
You could plot the smaller numbers against a secondary y axis.

Hi, what can i have as my min and max value to show make the chart readable?

My values are almost never lower than - 200000 and nvere greater than 200000.

Thank You Sir. Like i said the Loarithm works but if only it worked for neg numbers it would have been awesome.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back