Charts & Data Labels Using =NA()

CWatts

Short version: is there a way to show data labels for everything with data, but not label =NA() values?

Long version & background:
There is a small table based on VLOOKUPs which populate the data for the chart. The data is currency ranging from -$10 to $30. These are vlookups coupled with IFERROR statements that display an NA() if there is no data. The NA is crucial as text is charted at 0 and I need the chart to not display anything for weeks without data.

Now the issue that comes up is that I want the #N/A's to be hidden or displayed as "" in the data labels, but i'm stuck.

The only semi related post I could find is as follows, but it doesn't work with Excel 2007:

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77006&highlight=#N/A+Data+label

My data label number is currently formatted as such:

$0.00;[Red]-$0.00;$0;""

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Hi - When i used custom formatting 0;;; on a bar chart with similar #NA issues it did not get rid of NA's. I wonder what i am doing wrong or is there a way around it?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Dokat -

Go back and read the second post in this thread. NA() isn't for bar charts. Use a zero instead.

Upvote 0
Hi- I didn't use any formula. I have a dynamic chart and when ever a button is uncheck data labels show#na. I was wondering how can I get rid of na data labels

Upvote 0
You uncheck a box and #N/A appears in a cell somewhere. This is because of a formula of some sort. Track down the cell and you'll find the formula.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chislobog

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back