Charts not automatically updating - Help!

mteden

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help with the below. I've tried to explain it in detail so that it can be understood.

I am running a Mac, and MS Excel for Mac 2011.

WHAT I'M TRYING TO DO:

I have a comprehensive data table which I am using to list a series of tasks, resources, costs etc, and am using this to estimate the costs for a project I am working on.

From this data table I calculate a range of information in a further set of tables on the same sheet (outside the data table). These are calculated using SUM, SUMIF etc. I have checked all of these tables and they appear prety robust and solid, and when I change data in the data table, these automatically update (the worksheet is set to automatically update).

I am now trying to graph much of this information, and my desire is to keep it all int he same workbook (to keep things simple). So, I have created a separate worksheet (in the same workbook) in which I have generated a series of charts. Some of these draw source data directly from the other worksheet, while some information is drawn into the new worksheet (as a link) and calculated in new tables, which are referenced by the charts in this new worksheet.

THE PROBLEM:
The tables look great. The graphs look great. All the information in the various tables (although complex) appears to be robust and automatically updates etc. Including the tables/data in the Charts worksheet. Both worksheets are set to automatically update formulas.

However, if I change data in the original table, this DOES NOT update in the charts! This is frustrating, as this was the entire point for setting this up that way in the first place.

Can anybody help with this?
I came across an old thread on the internet where someone had this problem with a classroom of people, and 3-4 people had this issue our of 30. When all their computers were set to automatically update.

Any help MUCH appreciated!!
Cheers
J

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back