Check if date is in sequencial order in all sheets

AriannaVV

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all.
I have a workbook with 31 sheets. In each sheet I have a title like: Line 364 _ Central Park, Beach, Monday 01.08.2023. The format is dd.mm.yyyy. The date changes sequencial for each sheet. Let's say if the first sheet is ...Monday 01.08.2023 next sheet is Tuesday 02.08.2023. I need to check if the dates in all sheets are in sequencial order and there is no error in them (like different month for example "01.07.2023"). If there is an error the code should stop and a pop up message tell the sheet where the error is.

Can someone help please?

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Hi all.
I have a workbook with 31 sheets. In each sheet I have a title like: Line 364 _ Central Park, Beach, Monday 01.08.2023. The format is dd.mm.yyyy. The date changes sequencial for each sheet. Let's say if the first sheet is ...Monday 01.08.2023 next sheet is Tuesday 02.08.2023. I need to check if the dates in all sheets are in sequencial order and there is no error in them (like different month for example "01.07.2023"). If there is an error the code should stop and a pop up message tell the sheet where the error is.

Can someone help please?
Can you please update your profile to include the Excel version you using and use XL2BB to submit an example of your data.

Upvote 0
Can you please update your profile to include the Excel version you using and use XL2BB to submit an example of your data.
Hi! I use excel 365. I'm not sure if i'm correct with mini-sheet. I have this merged header in 31 sheets only date is changing. Thank you.
Βιβλίο1.xlsx
EFGHIJKLMN
3LINE 365 - CENTRAL PARK, 3rd AVENUE, Saturday 07/07/2023

Upvote 0
How about just setting up the workbook sheets manually in the correct sequential order and then just Protect the Structure of the workbook. That way, the sheets sequential order will always remain.

Upvote 0
How about just setting up the workbook sheets manually in the correct sequential order and then just Protect the Structure of the workbook. That way, the sheets sequential order will always remain.
This is not what I'm asking for. I always have the sheets in the right order. What I actually want is to check that the dates in the tittle are in sequential order, because I download the datasheet from a system database and sometimes I mistake the order of the dates. I hope I make it clear to you.

Upvote 0
For example I named my first 3 sheets respectively 1,2 and 3
B3 returns if it is sequential. Assumed your text is in F3 on every sheet.

hulp tijden (3).xlsx
BCDEFGHIJKLM
2Sequential?
3TRUELINE 365 - CENTRAL PARK, 3rd AVENUE, Saturday 07-07-2023
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B3B3=LET(z,--RIGHT(VSTACK('1:3'!F3),10),MAX(z-VSTACK(TAKE(z,1)-1,DROP(z,-1)))=1)

Upvote 0
For example I named my first 3 sheets respectively 1,2 and 3
B3 returns if it is sequential. Assumed your text is in F3 on every sheet.

That would be nice if i had to do with only one workbook. But each month I deal with 250 workbooks in same logic that I create from scratch.I'll give it a try though. Thank you.

Upvote 0
How about using a formula like this since your sheet order is always correct?
Excel Formula:
="LINE 365 - CENTRAL PARK, 3rd AVENUE, "&TEXT(DATE(2023,7,0)+SHEET(),"dddd dd/mm/yyyy")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandan4057

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back