checkbox to turn formulas on specific page off, checkbox's move with sort

tester3x

I use this workbook for work to tell me when I need to pull production from a well. I had help with this and everything works great. I love the layout and immense information it presents me but I wish it was all in vba instead of so many formulas in the tables. With that said...

There are 2 reasons I'm trying to do what I am about to explain. First is because I am not always on this job for my company so I can't always keep the data up to date. The second is because the wells will often go down and not produce. As is, the formulas run on real time using Now() to keep them up to date. If the well goes down i need to be able to shut down the ongoing updates and the ability to add new data to that well's sheet.

What I had in mind was adding checkbox's to the Summary sheet. When checked it would do both those things, stop updating the data and not let me add new data. When I uncheck the checkbox it would go back to normal.

From what I've researched, it seems that turning formulas to manual for that specific sheet is an option for stopping the ongoing updates. As far as stopping the new data input for that sheet, I have no clue.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=32bac9914d4910b6!969&authkey=!AIGl1wlofDM68RU&ithint=folder,
The second part of what I am trying to do its sort all each checkbox. On my Summary page I have a Refresh Data button. This button sorts the well by date/time for next pull. I've managed to get all the other data to sort with that, even the hyperlinks to the corresponding sheets but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the checkbox's to move with everything else on the row. When I select any section of data and use the sort from the data tab the checkboxs do move with the row, but I need it in the vba script so they move when i click on Reset Data. The sort line in the vba script is just generic...Range("D5").CurrentRegion.Sort key1:=Range("D5"), order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlNo
Well that's all I can think of right now to help you understand my problem and what I want done. Just as if you need to know more. I hope this link to my workbook work:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=32bac9914d4910b6!969&authkey=!AIGl1wlofDM68RU&ithint=folder,

If anyone feels adventurous and has the time to convert all the formulas to vba, while maintaining the current layout I would greatly appreciate it.

I also want to thank any/all of you in advance who take the time to help me with this. I've racked my brain and abused google for 2 weeks and just can't get it to work.

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
The link to the workbook seems to work. Although, the one I've been working on does have checkboxex that I've been tinkering with but the one you dl from the link does not for some reason. Just to let you know I planned on putting the checkboxes in Column H5-H15 under the title Well Down.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Ok im going to have to find a new way for someone to get this workbook. For some reason excel has stripped out all the buttons when you dl from where it is now.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajaykosuri

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back