Collating data from multiple workbooks

ben_walker5

Hi, I am trying to collate data from multiple workbooks saved under a filename denoting the week commencing from which the data was collected e.g. "wc 2nd January 2013". Each of these workbooks are structured in the same way and therefore the cell references are all the same. What would be the best way to collect this data into one workbook?

I have no experience with Macros so please dumb it down for me if that's the best way to do it, any help would be kindly appreciated!

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Have you thought about just linking the cells from your collated workbook to your individual wc workbooks?

Ie click the cell in your main workbook that you want to show data from a wc workbook, type = into the cell.
Now simply go and click in the relevant cell of a wc workbook. You will see that any changes in wc workbook will cause a change in your main, collated, workbook i.e. the cell value in wc workbook will now show in your collated workbook.

If you are wishing to total the values from across the wc workbooks and show these on your single, collated, workbook, simply type =SUM then click on all the cells in all the workbooks that you swish to add together.

Let me know if this helps you out, thanks
<!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back