Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova1979

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all. Could someone please help. I am trying to pull all column data from multiple sheets (24 I total so far) into 1 master sheet without doubling up data. These are 9 digit numbers and some are on the same sheet multiple time and also across multiple sheets ie on sheet3, sheet4, sheet7 but I need it to show only once on the master sheet

On top of this is it possible to have it numerical? Or might this be too much and just easier to sort?

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
These are 9 digit numbers
You can put an image or use XL2BB tool with a sample of your data from one sheet and another image with the expected result on the master sheet.

Upvote 0
1581289460077.png

This is a sample of the result (although modified for here) I am after for the master sheet. As I mention though, some of the numbers are on the same reference sheet multiple times, and or across multiple sheets
1581289877569.png

Here is the sample of on of the reference sheets.

So what I am after is column A, with corresponding B and C references brough across to the Master sheet, and then colum A sorted numerically with columns B and C references movingacordingly.

As I am still very new to excel, I am unsure of what is and isn't possib;e

Thanks

Attachments

• 1581289415922.png
    1581289415922.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 1581289816247.png
    1581289816247.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0
I did not understand your example, none of the numbers match.

It is also not clear which sheet ("trying to pull all column data from multiple sheets (24 I total so far) ") is and which sheet master is (" into 1 master sheet ").

I assumed that the master sheet is empty before the process, is that so?

Upvote 0
First image is the sample of the master (result I am looking for)
Second image is a sample of the data (reference sheets)

You are right in that none of the numbers in the samples match. However I have mentioned that there are duplicates of these numbers across or in the same sheet.

The master sheet is blank at the moment.

Upvote 0
I help you with the example, is this how your data is in column A?

09feb2020b.xlsm
ABC
1123XCOTTER
2123XRING
3456XRING
4789XRING
Sheet1

varios 09feb2020b.xlsm
ABC
1456XCOTTER
2888XRING
Sheet2

Result
09feb2020b.xlsm
ABC
1123XCOTTER
2456XRING
3789XRING
4888XRING
Master

In the case of duplicate numbers: 123, which of the 2 records do you want on the master sheet?

Upvote 0
What you have presented is my exact problem. I apologise as the Computer system I am using is restricted and I am using my phone for this.
The result you have with column A sorting numerically and columns B and C sort accordingly is what I am after

Thank you for your patience.

Upvote 0
In the case of duplicate numbers: 123, which of the 2 records do you want on the master sheet?

varios 09feb2020b.xlsm
ABC
1123XCOTTER
2123XRING
3456XRING
4789XRING
Sheet1

Do not worry, but you did not answer my question, in my example on sheet 1 I have twice the number 123, which of the 2 records should I pass?
Or just pass the data in column A?
Help me to help you, if your example is clearer and your explanation clearer, my help will be more effective.

Upvote 0
The column C reference will be the same part
Row1 123,x,COTTER
Row2 123,x,COTTER

This is the same as
Sheet1 row3 456,x,RING
Sheet2 row1 456,x,COTTER

456 column C reference will be the same as it is the same part

Upvote 0
Sorry, but I still don't understand.

Maybe my examples are not how your information is.

Then you should give some clear examples of how your information is and specify which records should be passed to the master sheet.

Please Note
-----------------------
One thing you must keep in mind when you ask a question in a forum... the people you are asking to help you know absolutely nothing about your data, absolutely nothing about how it is laid out in the workbook, absolutely nothing about what you want done with it and absolutely nothing about how whatever it is you want done is to be presented back to you as a result... you must be very specific about describing each of these areas, in detail, and you should not assume that we will be able to "figure it out" on our own. Remember, you are asking us for help... so help us to be able to help you by providing the information we need to do so, even if that information seems "obvious" to you (remember, it is only obvious to you because of your familiarity with your data, its layout and the overall objective for it).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmjmjmjmjmjm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back