Coloring duplicates of specific cells across multiple sheets

Spanx24

Hello, I'm somewhat new to forums so please bare with me. I tried finding a thread with a similar issue, but I don't know enough about macros to tailor someone else's solution to my own. For the life of me, I can't seem to find where to upload a sample workbook so I've attached a couple images for reference. These are only a small portion of the typical workbook.

The images represent the desired, end result.

At the beginning of the day both sheets have no colored cells and Sheet2 will contain no data. Sheet1 typically has 60-80 entries between it's two tables, and Sheet2 would normally contain 10 "Trucks" - I have shortened the sheets for the purpose of the thread. I am only trying to color rows that span across C:F and K:N in Sheet1.

I would like to be able to copy the desired data from Sheet1, let's say C3:F3, and paste it to Sheet2 at (in this case) D16:G16 - then have only the original cells from Sheet1 (C3:F3) match the color of the corresponding "Truck" cell in Sheet2 (D15 - light yellow).

I somewhat achieved my desired result using copies of tables in conjunction with =MATCH conditional formatting, however, I could only effectively use the "Address" columns, as they are the only consistently unique data in the four-column rows. Even if it had worked, it would not have been ideal because it would require a conditional format for each truck in each cell, each of which would then transfer to Sheet2 when I paste. This leads me to believe a macro is the best solution, but macros are not something I have any experience with.

Any help is sincerely appreciated!

open
open

Sheet1 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-IDHBGdi___SFdWZVMya1EwY2M&authuser=0
Sheet2 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-IDHBGdi___cktaNW9MLUM5VTg&authuser=0

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PsychoCube

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back