Combining Multiple rows with same id into single ones.

littlevoicez

Hi This is my first post on this forum, I couldn't find the answer elsewhere, that's why I decided to post it here:

I would like to combine multiple rows with the same id, into one.
Eg.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ID (movie Title) | Description | Other Field | link |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Naked Gun | Lorem Ipsum... | bla bla bla | Link 1|
The Naked Gun | | | Link 2|
The Naked Gun | | | Link 3|
Australia | Lorem Ipsum... | bla bla bla | Link 1|
Australia | | | Link 2|
Australia | | | Link 3|
Australia | | | Link 4|

Then the above records to be combined into the following 2 rows (one for each id, with the fields with different content, merged into one cell, separated by commas)

The Naked Gun | Lorem Ipsum... | bla bla bla | Link 1, Link 2,Link 3,|

Australia | Lorem Ipsum... | bla bla bla | Link 1,Link 2,Link 3,Link 4|

Can you help me achieve this?
Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Hi and welcome.

<font face=Courier New><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> Consolidate_Rows()<br><br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> Lastrow <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN>, r <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN><br>    Application.ScreenUpdating = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">False</SPAN><br>    Lastrow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">For</SPAN> r = Lastrow <SPAN style="color:#00007F">To</SPAN> 2 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Step</SPAN> -1<br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> Range("A" & r).Value = Range("A" & r - 1).Value <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>            Range("D" & r - 1).Value = Range("D" & r - 1).Value & "," & Range("D" & r).Value<br>            Rows(r).Delete xlShiftUp<br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN> r<br>    ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns.AutoFit<br>    Application.ScreenUpdating = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">True</SPAN><br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN></FONT>

Upvote 0
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you so much. You made my day and saved me a huge amount of time.
Thanks A billion.
:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ASBeard

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back