Compacting Multiple SUMIF formulas with multiple criteria

dhosi439

Board Regular
I am using the following formula to pull specific data out of a table based on the criteria 1Due through 26Due. Is it possible to rewrite the formula into one master formula from which I can reference and add 1 to the #Due value.

Code:
=SUMIF(BillChecklist[JAN],"1Due",BillChecklist[JANAMT])+SUMIF(BillChecklist[FEB],"1Due",BillChecklist[FEBAMT])+SUMIF(BillChecklist[MAR],"1Due",BillChecklist[MARAMT])+SUMIF(BillChecklist[APR],"1Due",BillChecklist[APRAMT])+SUMIF(BillChecklist[MAY],"1Due",BillChecklist[MAYAMT])+SUMIF(BillChecklist[JUN],"1Due",BillChecklist[JUNAMT])+SUMIF(BillChecklist[JUL],"1Due",BillChecklist[JULAMT])+SUMIF(BillChecklist[AUG],"1Due",BillChecklist[AUGAMT])+SUMIF(BillChecklist[SEP],"1Due",BillChecklist[SEPAMT])+SUMIF(BillChecklist[OCT],"1Due",BillChecklist[OCTAMT])+SUMIF(BillChecklist[NOV],"1Due",BillChecklist[NOVAMT])+SUMIF(BillChecklist[DEC],"1Due",BillChecklist[DECAMT])

For example.

Master Formula would have 1Due written into the formula in Cell A1, then in B1 I would simply need to write =A1+1.

At the moment I am using 26 of the formula above each the same except for the number preceding the word Due.

I was attempting to use the DSUM formula with SUM but am unable to get multiple criteria and fields to add up.

Any suggestions?

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Let's simplify. . .
Let's say you have this. . .
Code:
=SUMIF(BillChecklist[JAN],"1Due",BillChecklist[JANAMT])

I think you'll find that this will also work just the same. . .
Code:
=SUMIF(BillChecklist[JAN],A1&"Due",BillChecklist[JANAMT])
where A1 contains the value 1, or whatever.

Does that help ?

Upvote 0
That can work. I was looking to avoid using so many SUMIF formulas. I am using 12 formulas in each of 26 cells. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
It's difficult to see how you can use fewer SUMIF formulas, without seeing how your data is laid out.

Do you really need to have Billchecklist[Jan] as a separate range from Billchecklist[Feb] and so on ?
It might be better to just have one huge Billchecklist, allowing you to use just one SUMIF.
You could also set up a range with non-contiguous elements - for example A1:A10 and C1:C10 (and so on), and name that as Billchecklist[All] or something

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back