Compairing a range of cells to another range of cells

glennw

Can enyone tell me how to compair a range of cells to another range of cells? Example: if A2 thru F2 are the same as H2 thru M2, then print "WINNER" in the cell that you are creating the formula in.

thank y ou very much for your help.

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
glennw said:
Can enyone tell me how to compair a range of cells to another range of cells? Example: if A2 thru F2 are the same as H2 thru M2, then print "WINNER" in the cell that you are creating the formula in.

thank y ou very much for your help.

=AND(A2:F2=H2:M2)+0

which you need to confirm with control+shift+enter.

Custom format the formula cell as:

[=0]"";[=1]"WINNER"

Upvote 0
As instructed, I placed a custom format in the formula cell [=0]"";[=1]"WINNER". When I view it int he "format cell" screen, it looks like [=0]"";[=1]"WINNER"; General. I don't know where the General is coming from. I also placed the "=AND(A2:F2=H2:M2)+0" in the formula cell and all that I am getting is "#VALUE".

In cells A2 thru F2, I placed the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and in the other range, I placed the same numbers. In the cell that I am placing the formula in compairing the two ranges, I get "#VALUE".

Thank you.

Upvote 0
glennw said:
As instructed, I placed a custom format in the formula cell [=0]"";[=1]"WINNER". When I view it int he "format cell" screen, it looks like [=0]"";[=1]"WINNER"; General. I don't know where the General is coming from. I also placed the "=AND(A2:F2=H2:M2)+0" in the formula cell and all that I am getting is "#VALUE".

In cells A2 thru F2, I placed the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and in the other range, I placed the same numbers. In the cell that I am placing the formula in compairing the two ranges, I get "#VALUE".

Thank you.

You need to confirm the formula with control+shift+enter, not just with enter.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LGVBPP

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back