Compare two data ranges and indicate if there are new/unknown values

bert3000

Hello,

I am trying to write a formula to compare two sets of data and indicate if there is a value in range A that does not appear anywhere in range B. I have used a COUNTIF function to give a TRUE or FALSE outcome for whether a single value appears in a range, however I am currently unable to figure out how a formula can give a TRUE or FALSE outcome to whether ANY value in one range does not meet any of the entries in another range.

Example:
A1:A10 - 10 rows of written information (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10)
B1:B500 - 500 rows of data (random numbers that SHOULD be between 1-10)
Cell C1 - (here I want the formula to tell me if any entry in range B1:B500 does not meet one of the values in A1:A10 - so if all values are equal to one of the entries in A1:A10 then display TRUE, but if any value is different then display FALSE)

Any help would really be appreciated (apologies if this answer already exists but I've searched for about 2 hours and unable to find the way to do this)

Rob

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Thank you for the swift reply, but I should have been more clear.

I need this to work if the entries are not necessarily numbers. But say if the 10 entries in Column A were, for instance, words. So if they were: Cat, Dog, Mouse, Pig, Cow, Sheep, Fox, Elephant, Rhino, Horse.

Then if all entries in B1:B500 were one of the above animals, then the formula would show TRUE, but if Crocodile is one of the entries then show FALSE

Regards

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeremy_bp001

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back