comparing 2 worksheets

derrickb

So every quarter at my store I get a list of discounts from our vendors. Some items don't change some are changed and new items are added. the vendor has a 4 digit vendor number.
What I am looking to do is upload these into 1 excel file the old deals being on sheet 1 and the new list in sheet 2. In sheet 3 I wanting to do some formula that compares the first 2 sheets and imports any row that a item is on to the 3rd sheet. That way I don't spend 2 hours going threw to find what has been deleted and was is new. However anything that is the same on both sheets that row isn't imported to sheet 3.

Thanks I have looked at some of the other forms and most of the answers make use of macro's. I have made macro's for other programs however not for excel.

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
I forgot. I mentioned that the vendor id is a 4 digit number in column A I figured that would be the easiest search method.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IslandofBDA

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back