Comparing Spreadsheets For Same Values

shellhutchings

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have 2 spreadsheets I need to compare data against. I have 4 columns on each sheet of which A is employee number, B is start date, C end date and D % of sales for period specified between the B & C. Column A has multiple employee numbers and the same employee number is present several times due to the dates. Ie employee no, 123456, start 02.07.22 - end 08.09.22 46%, then 123456, 09.09.22 - 01.12.22 33%. Which formula could I use to compare spreadsheets that the employee number on the start and end date specified has the same sales % on each so I can look for any discrepancies between the two sheets? Thank you.

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
I do a lot of spreadsheet comparisons, and my recommendation is to do this:

For each sheet, insert a new Column A. Enter "UNIQUE" in A1 and this formula in A2 and copy down to the end of your data:

Excel Formula:
=$B2&$C2&$D2&$E2

On your second sheet, do the same thing.

Then, on a blank column at the end of your data enter a modified version of this formula (I used Shell1 and Shell2 as my testing sheet names, so I entered this formula in Cell F2 and copied it down):

Excel Formula:
=XLOOKUP($A2,Shell1!$A$2:$A$8,Shell1!$E$2:$E$8,0,0)

Depending on the amount of records you have to compare, you might be able to visually verify them, but you can also add this formula in cell G2 and copy down, then filter to any FALSE values to identify mismatched sales figures.

Excel Formula:
=$E2=$F2

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0
I do a lot of spreadsheet comparisons, and my recommendation is to do this:

For each sheet, insert a new Column A. Enter "UNIQUE" in A1 and this formula in A2 and copy down to the end of your data:

Excel Formula:
=$B2&$C2&$D2&$E2

On your second sheet, do the same thing.

Then, on a blank column at the end of your data enter a modified version of this formula (I used Shell1 and Shell2 as my testing sheet names, so I entered this formula in Cell F2 and copied it down):

Excel Formula:
=XLOOKUP($A2,Shell1!$A$2:$A$8,Shell1!$E$2:$E$8,0,0)

Depending on the amount of records you have to compare, you might be able to visually verify them, but you can also add this formula in cell G2 and copy down, then filter to any FALSE values to identify mismatched sales figures.

Excel Formula:
=$E2=$F2

Hope that helps!
That's fantastic! Thank you so so much :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back