msiegal

Hi All,

I am looking to combined these two countif statements below to get a new =countif(Statement1 AND Statement2), I can't seem to figure out a formula that will work.. is this possible? Or is there a better way to do this?

Statement 1 =COUNTIFS('Paste Key Survey Results'!F:F, "Yes")
Statement 2 =COUNTIF('Paste Key Survey Results'!D:D,">119")-COUNTIF('Paste Key Survey Results'!D:D,">=2603")

Any and all advice is appreciated!

Thanks,
Marly

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Welcome to the board. Try:
Code:
=SUMPRODUCT(--('Paste Key Survey Results'!F:F = "Yes"),--('Paste Key Survey Results'!D:D > 119),--('Paste Key Survey Results'!D:D < 2603)

Upvote 0
Does this work for you?
Rich (BB code):

=COUNTIFS(
   'Paste Key Survey Results'!F:F,"Yes",
   'Paste Key Survey Results'!D:D,">119",
   'Paste Key Survey Results'!D:D,"<2603")
<strike></strike>

Upvote 0
Thank you both for your input, it was very helpful. I have another related, but different question. I am wondering if you can do something like COUNTIF('Paste Key Survey Results'!D:D, 'Sheet1'!Range of numbers in column X).. this hasn't worked for me but I feel like there should be a way to reference a range of numbers within a column? I pretty much lets say I want to count if a number in column D is equal to a number in column X2-X500, is there a way to do this?

Upvote 0
Thank you both for your input, it was very helpful. I have another related, but different question. I am wondering if you can do something like COUNTIF('Paste Key Survey Results'!D:D, 'Sheet1'!Range of numbers in column X).. this hasn't worked for me but I feel like there should be a way to reference a range of numbers within a column? I pretty much lets say I want to count if a number in column D is equal to a number in column X2-X500, is there a way to do this?

What does "a number in column X2-X500" mean?

Upvote 0
What does "a number in column X2-X500" mean?

Column X is all store numbers and the column is broken down into 3 divisions, division 1 goes from X2 (Column X, Row 2) until X500, division 2 goes from X501-X1000 and division 3 goes from X1001-1500... is there a way to just highlight the range of numbers within that area to say count if the number appears withing this area?

Upvote 0
Column X is all store numbers and the column is broken down into 3 divisions, division 1 goes from X2 (Column X, Row 2) until X500, division 2 goes from X501-X1000 and division 3 goes from X1001-1500... is there a way to just highlight the range of numbers within that area to say count if the number appears withing this area?

P.S. There are also some items that are not actually numbers like the store number is 15RB or something... can I treat the column as "Text" rather than "number" so that I can select the area needed and be able to identify items like words rather than numbers?

Upvote 0
P.S. There are also some items that are not actually numbers like the store number is 15RB or something... can I treat the column as "Text" rather than "number" so that I can select the area needed and be able to identify items like words rather than numbers?

Try to provide a sample, representative sample along with the result(s) that must obtain.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amriddin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back