complicated pivot tables

helenkim

I'm trying to organize a massive load of data into a pivot table. for some reason, the count is showing up when when i change the setting to average it shows up as an error. i think its the raw data that isnt set up correctly, but if anyone can think of something else, i would appreciate it.

also, on the pivot table, i put in 2 fields in the report filter and even though i clicked on which specific person i want to look at, they show me all the data. I think this is a setting thing but not sure.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
to be more specific, i am trying to calculate the average number of patients Dr. X saw on Tuesdays in the year 2010. Currently i am able to see how many patients (count) Dr. X saw in Tuesdays for January through December, but rather than getting the total count for each month, I just want the average. The "average" setting in the fields won't work for me. It keeps showing up as an average. I am assuming its because the raw data is not set up correctly?

Any idea?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back