Concatenate all the values in cell after each time it is updated

Jstrom81

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone,

I don't think this is possible but thought I would ask here just in case. Here's my problem:

I'm building a repair management system in excel right now where every row represents one repair or one clients repair. One thing we need to constantly update is when and how many times that client is contacted upon completion of the repair. My issue is that right now record each and every time that client is contacted I have separate cells for each time. For example, A1 = March 2, A2 = March 4, A3 = March 10, etc. Is there a way maybe through concatenate function or any other function where I can condense all this info into one cell automatically after I update the cell. For example, if A1 = March 2, then A2 = March 2. as well. If I contact the client again on March 4, then the A1 = March 4, and the A2 now = March2, March 4.

Is this possible? Is there another way to manage this in a more space efficient way?

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Thanks! - Julian

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Thanks for your help peter. I'll see if I can find a way to make it work.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your help peter. I'll see if I can find a way to make it work.
You're welcome & good luck!

I did manage to get it to add repeats but when it did that it also added repeats to all the other rows when their column B values had not changed, so that was useless. :eek:

Upvote 0
Ah I see, definitely useless! I wouldn't say I'm new to excel but I'm definitely far from a pro or anything. Do you have any suggestions for books or sites that I can start to read on anything and everything excel has to offer? Or would you recommend reading these forums and articles posted on a site like Mr.excel.com? Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Most of what I know about Excel I learned here or by Googling - and lots of trial & error. I've really not used books or courses.

Upvote 0
Yeah everything that I did on this project I'm working on has been just me googling and trial & error. Which is good in a way for me, much better way for me too learn. My problem is that I feel like there functions and formulas that I could be using but I don't know they exist.

Upvote 0
Just following up on this question. Can you this be achieved in Power Query? Appreciate anyone's help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiansth

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back