Conditional format/Formula issue

Newbienew

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day, all.

The issues that I am having deals with conditional formatting overall but is two parts. On my rolling app log page (Orange) I constantly add new info and have to sort it and then delete the rows that are not needed anymore. This results in two issues for me.

• My conditional format starts to break up instead of maintaining F:F. I will get F1:F12, F13:F89 for example. I have to go in and correct this every time so I don’t have a lot of these.
  • The formula on the job sheet the true or false that is returned becomes a #ref! under both the T and Z Columns. Which if not corrected throws off the orange sheet, in which I have to go and click the quick fill to get it working every time.
Is there a way to prevent these two issues from happening?

Projects

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
provide small data sample.
describe what ur doing exactly,
is ur office version accurate?

in 2019 and o365 there is =filter() function which might be ur solution to deleting rows.,

Upvote 0
My excel version is accurate. I collect data from other sources and paste the values of that information onto one sheet. If the information collected is the same base on being a duplicate, I filter it by another condition format color and delete all the rows of the older information. Purge the old and replace it with new.
I would use a VBA (if I knew how) but this would result in crashing on several parties computers.

It's a bit hard to do a smaller data sample as the job sheet feeds everything for this to happen. I can delete about 720 rows which should provide a more accurate look at my issue. Projecty

Upvote 0
there might be.
just provide small data sample and 2nd one with solution.

There are loads of filtering formulas in earlier versions but they are a pain to go thru. so without data sample it would be hard to even start guessing.,

Upvote 0
I am not sure what you mean by a small sample I think. Don't get me wrong I understand what small sample means but don't know what you mean in this workbook. Are you asking me to delete data on the sheets I am referring to?
The reason I feel I don't understand is that the job sheet has a list of the different jobs with the formula checking the variables on the Rolling App sheet.
I can delete rows of information but can take away from the job listing. I only deleted the information in other cells and left the columns and rows I was having my issue with.
Project 2

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Upvote 0
no,
I am asking for an excel filesample, either by providingsome link to afile or by mini sheet.

Upvote 0
There are links to a file in all the OP's posts.

Upvote 0
@*@Radoslaw Poprawski Just checking in with you. Were you able to see all the attachments named Project? Thank you again

Upvote 0
Posting again to reach out to anyone that may be able to provide some assistance on the issue that I am having. Thank you greatly in advance.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back