Conditional Formatting for Days After Today

Tap13

I am trying to setup a conditional formatting formula in Excel 2013 that will trigger as true if the date entered in an applicable cell is after today. I can get it to work as an if statement in a cell (not using conditional formatting) defined as this:
Code:
If(E7>TODAY(),"True","False")
I tried using that line in my conditional formatting, however it does not seem to take effect. I'm unclear if it is as simple as a formatting mistake, or if I am trying to use the wrong formula all together. I found several threads discussing the use of DatedIf, but I have not been able to make this work either. I appreciate any help on this.

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
I believe you don't need the "True" and "False". Those are strings, and not boolean. Conditional formatting takes a boolean TRUE and FALSE.

* Note, I suck with conditional formatting

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback. I tried it without the true, false statements but had no luck as this:
Code:
>today()
(note I'm adding this under the gui, under the 'use a formula to determine which cells to format if that matters).

Upvote 0
Instead of the "formula", why not just add it in under the "Greater than..." section. It should do the same thing.

Upvote 0
I got it to work using
Code:
=E7>Today()
=E7=Today()
=E7<today()[ code]
=Today()
This covers dates before today, today, and dates after today. The problem I now have is it applies specifically to that cell and I need it to be applicable throughout a range of cells that should adhere to this formatting.</today()[>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chase S

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back