Conditional Formatting in Excel 2010

Tommy C

I recently upgraded my Excel version from 2003 to 2010 and am having a problem with a simple conditional format that worked in the previous version and sort of works in the current version

The worksheet does the following conditional format:
-if the current cell matches any cell within a specified range then change the current cell fill color to blue

In the previous Excel version, once a matching entry was entered into the range, the current cell "immediately" changed fill color.

With Excel 2010, if I input a matching entry in the range, there is no change in the current cell's fill color unless I scroll away to the point that i cannot see it the current cell on my monitor. For example, if I page down a full screen and then page up, the current cell is then blue; If i ALT+TAB to a browser and then back to Excel there is no change in the current cell fill color.

Any help is appreciated.

-Tom

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Could you give details of the conditional format formula (or formulas if there is more than one relevant to the cell), please?

Upvote 0
The formula for the conditional format is:
=OR(A1=$B$47,A1=$C$47,A1=$D$47,A1=$E$47,A1=$F$47,A1=$G$47)

This conditional format is repeated 12 times from (A1:A12) with the absolute reference in place.

This is a large workbook with 20 worksheets that do similar calculations. While trying to find an answer I tested this conditional format on a single worksheet that I copied to a new workbook. The result was that the conditional format fill color change was immediate, like it was in Excel 2003.

No idea why the large workbook had no issues in Excel 2003, but does have a problem in Excel 2010.

-Tom

Upvote 0
I can see nothing wrong with the formula and it works OK with me in Excel 2003, 2007 and 2010. That is .... unless the calculation mode was set to "manual".
Perhaps that is what has happened to your large workbook?
If it is, the following may be of interest:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214395

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back