Ldoot123

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I need to turn a full row green for example
when a date is input in column N.
I’m not bothered about what the date is as long as it has a date in to show the works
complete as everyone keeps forgetting to select the complete option I currently have, if it went green when a date was input it would save a lot of hassle!

I have it setting to go green currently when ‘complete’ is selected in column T but people forget and input a date so I would like to add the formatting in for this.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Welcome to the Board!

Dates in Excel are stored as numbers, specifically the number of days since 1/1/1900.
So if you wanted to check to see if row 2 should be colored, you would select all of row 2 and enter in this Conditional Formatting formula:
Excel Formula:
=$N2>0

Upvote 0
Brill thank you, can I ask how I change back a column to only allow one selection on a drop down? I have list 1-5 but it’s adding a selection in, I need it to replace not add

Upvote 0
Brill thank you, can I ask how I change back a column to only allow one selection on a drop down? I have list 1-5 but it’s adding a selection in, I need it to replace not add
That is an entirely different question, and as such, should be posted it in a new thread so it appears as a new unanswered question in the "Unanswered threads" listing.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cyko

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back