Consolidate data from mltiple spreadsheets into one.

Pugolas

Hello Folks,
I have approximately 1000 sets of 80 excel spreadsheets. I am trying to combine each of these sets of 80 spreadsheets to produce one main spreadsheet for each of the 1000 sets.
Basically at this stage I would need to copy and paste data from each individually, onto one central 'Master' sheet.
Doing this 1000 times will take a ludicrous amount of time, so I am hoping someone has an easier way.

I have looked at merging and consolidating, but neither of those options will give me the desired effect. i.e. They want to combine all the data rather than add cumulatively.

I am hoping someone has an easy solution (and understands what I am trying to explain!).

Thank you in advance

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
I wish I could say yes, but it seems to be more about merging data into a combined form spreadsheet, rather than simply having the data added on to the end. Also, the work involved in getting this to work for my purposes would be considerably more than copy and pasting from spreadsheets.

Upvote 0
Do you have 1000 workbooks, each with 80 tabs, and you want the 80 tabs combined into one in each workbook?

Upvote 0
No, I have 80 spreadsheet 'docs' that I want to use to create a master list. Each of these 80 spreadsheets contain a different category.
Then basically this will need to be done for each of the 1000 groups. Every spreadsheet is separate, there are no tabs involved.

I did look at consolidating or merging, but the work involved in doing this was considerably more than just c&p into a master spreadsheet.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I must be explaining this badly.
There are 1000 folders. Each folder contains 80 spreadsheets. I want each folder to only contain one.

Upvote 0
Would an acceptable solution loop through each folder and merge each set of 80 spreadsheets into one? If not, why?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HellScout

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back