container to simply view worksheet columns

adelene

hi

is there an already made solution using userforms to allow one to view and scroll up and down the columns of the underlying worksheet.. i suppsoet this might be a common thing..

I'm not sure how the vb code would look like,, i am thinking of using userforms as its easier for people to use than worksheets.. sort of!

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
In Excel 2002 and 2003 at least (I'm not certain if 2000 allows this, but I know 97 does not): Set the modal property of the userform when calling it.

From the help files:
When a UserForm is modal, the user must supply information or close the UserForm before using any other part of the application. No subsequent code is executed until the UserForm is hidden or unloaded. Although other forms in the application are disabled when a UserForm is displayed, other applications are not.

When the UserForm is modeless, the user can view other forms or windows without closing the UserForm.

So you would use UserForm1.Show vbModeless or UserForm1.Show(False) (because userforms are modal by default)

Upvote 0
Basically:

If the userform is modal (you just use UserForm1.Show )
-you will be unable to do anything with the worksheet or any other feature of Excel until the userform is closed.

If the userform is modeless (you use UserForm1.Show vbModeless )
- you can select cells, scroll, etc. on the worksheet while the userform remains open on top

Edit: Orr...are you meaning you want to show the sheet ON the userform? That's something completely different.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LGVBPP

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back