Convert workbook to PDF and email using WLM

Fuse

Hi all,

been on here before and got some wonderful help. I'm working on a program that is used for invoicing and quoting and it's brill. I would now like to add a button that will run a macro that takes the workbooks current filename, converts it into a PDF and sets up an email with a subject line from a couple of cells from the sheet along with some text like "your" & ("a1") & "is attached".

Then some regular text.

The email address is also from a cell.

I can find some examples but they are for outlook. From what I have read, it seems this is not possible with windows live mail. If this is the case, could a PDF be stored in a temp folder then accessed to email.

Ive recorded a macro that seems to work but it changes back to an xlms instead of PDF when run and a lot of people have searched for this too. They have been referred mainly to Ron de bruin. His macros don't work with me as I don't have outlook.

Can anyone out there help?

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Pardon??

What is this?

Sorry Andrew,

Looked on iPhone first and hyperlink not there.

This looks very interesting, but there will be no record of being sent, unless I copy myself into it. Will it come up with a cc to prove it?

I could ask for a read receipt too, but it's no guarantee - it may not be returned.

It's not the end of the world if I have no record, perhaps I could request confirmation of receiving the files in the body of the text?

I'll give it a go....

Thanks

Upvote 0
Mr Bruins workbooks don't work with me!!

I am getting an error,

"The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 550 must be authenticated.",

That's after a previous error before I used the code commented out in green which is now active.

I sent it to myself and I am in my contacts.

Anyone able to help. This simple task is getting messier and messier. Its no good to me if the recipient is not in my contact list either, unless there is a code to put an email address in my contacts from a cell??

Thanks All.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry Andrew,

After spending all day on this, I just get error after error and that site you referred to assumes you are an expert! Nothing but a headache. I'm getting so frustrated.

All I want to do is convert to pdf and send an email. I have excel 2010 and am using windows live mail.

Could you or anybody else offer a bit more help than just referring to other websites? I'm just not good enough to decipher all this monstrous mountain of code that I am completely unfamiliar with, and nowhere does it tell how to convert to PDF, that's the next challenge!

Thanks,

Kev

Upvote 0
You would use the ExportAsFixedFormat method to save as PDF then attach it. Sorry, I can't help any more because I don't use Windows Live Mail.

Upvote 0
Thanks Andrew,

I have emailed Ron De Bruin.

Maybe he can help but I believe without outlook, its not really do-able.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stormythebandit

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back