Converting Query Table into Summary

gplhl

Board Regular
Hi All,

I am trying to convert data from a query into a print out. The table shows a list of skills along the top and the status for the employee in the table. I want to create a summarised printable sheet that converts that data to show:

Skill (e.g. IOSH Working Safely)
Status (e.g. Expiring Soon, Out of Date, Required, Not Required)
Name (I have removed surnames for screenshot, all are unique with an employee ID)

I cannot see how I can achieve this from the data in this format, I would be filtering out all but Required, Out of Date and Expiring Soon?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Summarise_Skills.JPG
    Summarise_Skills.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 8

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Thought I would post an update, I have managed to get the result I wanted by writing a macro with iterations, "for i to", to repeatedly convert data to a list in another sheet. I was really hoping to avoid as our network regularly messes up workbooks with VBA modules in them. Once its in a list, its easy to then create a pivot table from that and users can then use slicers to filter. If anyone else has an idea how I can achieve this list without the use of a macro, I would be really interested.

Attachments

• Printable Summary.JPG
    Printable Summary.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Converted to list with macro.JPG
    Converted to list with macro.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
It appears that you just need to unpivot the Skill columns in your original picture.

Upvote 0
The original data is not a pivot table. How would I un-pivot that data?

It’s a query to a simple spreadsheet, not using a table, using a named range. Whereby managers enter a date training has been completed. Or indicate not required. My lookup sheet converts dates and restricted entries to its status.

Upvote 0
In the query editor, select all the non-skill columns, then right-click one and choose Unpivot other columns.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back