Copy and paste problem

acaPAWN7

Board Regular
I'm not sure whether there are other topics related to this problem.. If so, do tell me k :)

I want to have a macro that can copy and paste a table from one sheet to the other sheet automatically.. Let say, there are 2 sheets; 'PC' sheet and 'Option' sheet..

This is the table in the 'PC' sheet before the user input the details:
firstak4.png

The user will input all details in 'PC' sheet.. User will input the items and costs.. Example is such below:
copyti4.png

Then, at the 'Option' sheet, the same table will appear.. But at different rows (as you can see at the example below):
copy02nz3.png

The rows are different, right?

So, my problems are:
1. In the 'PC' sheet, if the user change the details in the Item and Cost column, such as change the cost value for PRELIMINARIES WORKS, the table in 'Option' sheet will be updated automatically.
2. In the 'PC' sheet, if the user make changes, such as adding a new row between the PRELIMINARIES WORKS and SPECIAL EQUIPMENT Phase 1, or even deleting the Preliminaries, the table in 'Option' sheet will be the same (updated automatically).
3. If the user leaves a blank in the Item column, such as cell E21 in the 'PC' sheet, the same section of the table in the 'Option' sheet will remain as blank.

So, are there any possible solution for my problems here? Hopefully, my problems will be solved as exactly as the printviews that I have included.. Looking for any experts here~ :wink:

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
If you are not going to edit sheet "OPTIONS" then how about Pasting a Picture Link of the Table.

Copy the Table in Sheet "PC", activate Sheet "OPTIONS", activate the Cell where you want to have the left-Top corner of the copy table , hold down the SHIFT key and select Paste Picture Link from the Edit Menu.

Any changes made to the original table will now be automatically reflected on its copy in the other sheet.

You can also protect sheet "OPTIONS" to prevent messing-up the table copy.

Regards.

Upvote 0
Wow.. I never thought to use this kind of solution.. It's so easy and very simple to use.. But I need to edit the pasted table, bcoz I want to remove all of the borders (except the total amount).. Btw, thanks Jaafar~

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back