Copy Data with a twist

Headstrong2740

Hi all... I have been searching for reasonable solutions to this process.

So i have a Folder that is storing data from a test process. This means there are multiple files to copy from.The files have an extension of .tdms or .tdms_index. These each have two worksheets in it. The second one called "Untitled" contains the raw data I want.

I want to have an excel workbook run a VBA program to pull the data from the second sheet in each file with only the .tdms extension (not the .tdms_index). Here is the twist.... i think... I need it to create a new worksheet (tab) in the workbook to show that file name in the tab AND be based off the second tab titled "Template".

There is a column in the template that says X,Y,or Z data or Augur Data. the associated raw data needs to be placed into those 4 columns.

So for example.. the first file is 1H012345678910. The VBA needs to pull the raw data from the second sheet in that file and copy it to "Data Analysis.xlsm" into a new sheet after the template sheet with the tab called 1H012345678910. THat sheet has to be created to copy the template layout.

I included a copy of the workbook to give you an idea of what it needs to do.

HELP! This is for a senior design project Im working on and this was a last minute twist to the project that has caught me and my group off guard.

Please ask questions if this is not clear... the first tab (graphs) has some explination on it. The file can be found here.
http://wikisend.com/download/753836/Data Analysis.xlsm
(only good for 7 days before its deleted)

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back