eric86vabeach

my front work sheet looks like this or something like it
today's work day
2/21/2014total billstotal peoplebar salesfood sales

<tbody>
</tbody>

and my work sheet is named "master" then i have 7 other sheets there names are
monday,tues,wed,thur,fri,sat,sun

i would like to have a button at top when i click it it copy "row 3" that data is "blank,10211,1020,205.22,320.95"
as seen above

then 2/21/2014 is a fri so that day of the week is friday so "A2" would match to sheet "Friday" .... "Friday" sheet looks like this
1/3/2014
1/10/2014
1/17/2014
1/24/2014
1/31/2014
2/7/2014
2/14/2014
2/21/2014102111020205.22320.95

<tbody>
</tbody>

so it would paste the row like so

and so on.... this is what i have so far

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Worksheets("Master").Range("A4:Af4").copy
Cells.Find(What:=Range("A2"), After:=ActiveCell, _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate

End Sub

any tip or codes that may help?

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
have you considered putting all your data on the front sheet, one row per date, then analysing it, after all the raw data is of no use until you analyse it. It is simple to total all the friday figures from the whole of the data

Upvote 0
have you considered putting all your data on the front sheet, one row per date, then analysing it, after all the raw data is of no use until you analyse it. It is simple to total all the friday figures from the whole of the data

I thought about using a pivot chart with slicers but what I want to do is look at all the Fridays together on one sheet then look at all the Mondays Tuesdays and all the other days all on one sheet and not worry about sorting or clicking on different things too sort what day I want

Upvote 0
You can add a column in master sheet with name weekday where you can put weekday formula and take this in the pivot table and you can see data of any day you want.

Upvote 0
You can add a column in master sheet with name weekday where you can put weekday formula and take this in the pivot table and you can see data of any day you want.

others Excel spreadsheets are fed of the seven spreadsheets so I cannot modify these sheets like that what I'm trying to do is currently take a step out from manually copy and paste a sting this that's why why i need do it like this

Upvote 0
but the 7 spreadsheets are very simple with only a few columns - you could alter the links in "other" spreadsheets.

with any process if you keep adding a bit, tweaking a bit, there is a tendency to develop a monster!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leobueno

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back