Copy one cell. Tp a cell; that has a sentence

ABRAMS_C

Hey Guys. This is what I have.

<style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style>
ABC

<colgroup><col style="width: 316px"><col width="180"><col width="625"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>
<style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style>
United States Steel Corporation (U.S. Steel)info@uss.comHi,
I’m trying to figure out who oversees freight and shipping there at U.S. Steel.
Would you mind pointing me towards the right person please, and the best way I might get in touch with them?

<colgroup><col style="width: 316px"><col width="180"><col width="625"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

I want to take ALL of the word from A and insert into C between "at" & "."
I have several hundred rows. So I want to be able to insert a formula and fill down.

Do I use "LEFT", "REPLACE", or what?

Thanks a bunch.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Hi,

This will work for your posted sample, but don't know if it'll fail for the rest of your data since there's only 1 sample, unless All the rest of the data are identical except for the Company.

Also, if you're building Generic Content trying to address different Companies, it will probably be better if you have the Generic language in 2 separate cells, then Concatenate the cells with the cell containing the company name (as in my sample C6, C7, C8).

Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C2=SUBSTITUTE(C1,MID(C1,SEARCH("at",C1)+3,SEARCH("Would",C1)-SEARCH("at",C1)-6),A1)
C3=REPLACE(C1,SEARCH("at",C1)+3,SEARCH("Would",C1)-SEARCH("at",C1)-6,A1)
C8=CONCATENATE(C6,A1,C7)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

I would also use SUBSTITUTE but have the blank message in a separate cell with the insertion point clearly marked (I've used the # symbol - see cell D1) so that there is less likelihood of an error if the message is changed and included, say, "I wonder what you are doing at United States Steel Corporation (U.S. Steel)". The formula also becomes much simpler.

Excel Workbook
ABCD
1United States Steel Corporation (U.S. Steel)Hi,Im trying to figure out who oversees freight and shipping there at United States Steel Corporation (U.S. Steel). Would you mind pointing me towards the right person please, and the best way I might get in touch with them?Hi,Im trying to figure out who oversees freight and shipping there at #. Would you mind pointing me towards the right person please, and the best way I might get in touch with them?
2Another CoHi,Im trying to figure out who oversees freight and shipping there at Another Co. Would you mind pointing me towards the right person please, and the best way I might get in touch with them?
Insert Co Name

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back