Copying a range from multiple sheets and inserting into multiple sheets in another workbook.

Nurzhan

Board Regular
Hallo,
I have 2 workbooks. A and B. A = source, B = Target. Each of them has sheets with the same names. The task is to copy a certain range from A and insert it in a cell below the last occupied one. My code is as follows but it fails to work and I couldn't troubleshoot. could you pls help.

Error appears at
Code:
lastRow = WBb.Sheets(sh.Name).Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).row+1
. Error = "91", saying object variable or with block variable no set.

Code:
Sub FromA2B()    
    Dim WBa As Workbook
    Dim WBb As Workbook
    Dim sh As Worksheet
    Dim lastRow As Range

Set WBa = ThisWorkbook
    Set WBb = Workbooks("SWDP June 2010 - May 2017 (Oil and WI wells).xlsx")

For Each sh In WBa.Worksheets
        sh.Range("B9:Z39").Copy
        lastRow = WBb.Sheets(sh.Name).Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).row+1
        lastRow.Select
        Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown
        Application.CutCopyMode = False
    Next sh
End Sub

Last edited:
It works for me.

What is the value of Ary(i) when you get the error & do you have a sheet with that name in WBb?
Also do you have sheet protection in WBb or merged cells?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Yes, there's such sheet and the preceding steps are running fine but it stops at that line. There are merged cells but they shouldn't affect those columns I want to add formulas. I disabled that problem line to see if the next lines are ok but they encounter same problems.

Upvote 0
What if you try
Code:
WBb.Sheets(ary(i)).Cells(Rows.Count, "F").End(xlUp).Resize(LastRow).[COLOR=#ff0000]FormulaR1C1[/COLOR] = "=IF(RC[4]=0,"" - "",RC[-1]*RC[20]/1000)"

Upvote 0
In that case I'm afraid I don't know what to suggest, as that line works for me.

Upvote 0
Dear Fluff, maybe you can look at those files if I share with you? I dunno what's going on there, I tried everything, doesn't help.

Upvote 0
I'll happily take a look, if you can upload the file to a share site such as OneDrive, Dropbox, googledrive, mark for sharing & post the link to this thread.

Upvote 0
Ok, try this
Code:
    For i = 0 To UBound(Ary)
      lastRowB = WBa.Worksheets(Ary(i)).Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row

WBa.Sheets(Ary(i)).Range("K:L,R:S").Delete Shift:=xlToLeft 'deletes not-needed columns
      WBa.Sheets(Ary(i)).Columns("F:F").Insert Shift:=xlToRight, CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromLeftOrAbove 'inserts a column for CGR in g/m3
      WBa.Sheets(Ary(i)).Range("B9:AC" & lastRowB).Copy 'copies range from Single well daily profile

WBb.Sheets(Ary(i)).Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Offset(1).Insert Shift:=xlShiftDown
      WBb.Sheets(Ary(i)).Cells(Rows.Count, "F").End(xlUp).Offset(1).Resize(lastRowB).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(RC[4]=0,"" - "",RC[-1]*RC[20]/1000)"  'It stops running here'
      WBb.Sheets(Ary(i)).Cells(Rows.Count, "AD").End(xlUp).Offset(-50).Resize(50).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-14]/1000"
      WBb.Sheets(Ary(i)).Cells(Rows.Count, "I").End(xlUp).Resize(, 3).FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R9C:R[-1]C)"
     [COLOR=#0000ff] WBb.Sheets(Ary(i)).Union(Range("M" & lastRow + 1), Range("N" & lastRow + 1), Range("P" & lastRow + 1)).Value = "=SUM(R9C:R[-1]C)"
      WBb.Sheets(Ary(i)).Union(Range("O" & lastRow + 1), Range("Q" & lastRow + 1)).Value = "=RC[-1]/RC[-6]"[/COLOR]
    Next i
You'll need to split the 2 lines in blue into multiple lines, as I don't think you can do that with non contiguous cells

Upvote 0
Error 438 at
Code:
WBb.Sheets(Ary(i)).Union(Range("O" & lastRowB + 1), Range("Q" & lastRowB + 1)).Value = "=RC[-1]/RC[-6]"
      WBb.Sheets(Ary(i)).Union(Range("M" & lastRowB + 1), Range("N" & lastRowB + 1), Range("P" & lastRowB + 1)).Value = "=SUM(R9C:R[-1]C)"

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
againofsoul

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back