Copying a range to another worksheet based on 2 conditions within the range and repeating for multiple rows?

TGarrett

Hi All,

I am using Excel 2007 and have a test question database that I need some help writing a macro for. In sheet 1, I have the master question list. Each row contains a question and its associated elements. Column A lists the version (A-C) of the test that the question is applicable to. Columns B:F contain the question number, question, answer and so forth. Columns G:I contain an X in the cell if the question applies to one of three departments to which the test given. Sheet 2 is version A of the test which only contains the questions which are applicable to department 1.

My question is, how do I write a macro to copy only version A test questions that are applicable to department 1 from sheet 1 to the list in sheet 2? It would ultimately be best if it would create a link to the original cell. That way, if I needed to make a correction to the original question on sheet 1, it would automatically reflect in the same question on sheet 2. I will be replicating this process for other sheets (version A, B and C tests for each of the three departments).

I’m sure it is likely a simple loop but the actual coding is beyond my skills. Thanks in advance for any help.

Tom

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter Juhnke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back