Copying data from one spreadsheet to another after data input

JonReyno

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I recently posted a question regarding copying of data from one spreadsheet to another but the spreadsheets I were using were causing problems with their complexity.

I have now amended the spreadsheets to try and make the process a little easier.

I have one spreadsheet for Site Data and one for Finance Data. What I am looking to do is populate the Site Data spreadsheet once a month and for it to automatically update the Finance Data once all the data entry has been done.

The Site Data has a vast number of seperate sheets, each realting to a different account. Each month, new data is added to the bottom of each sheet ranging for a number of different rows (anywhere between 1 to about 15 new rows). Once all the different sheets have been populated, I would like to be able to push a button which then copies this data into the Finance Data spreadsheet in a list. I have the seperate cells which the data can copy over, it just in a different order on both spreadsheets.

Can anybody assist me on how to do this? I have tried formula's but failed and I'm not good at writing Macro's to do it for me.

Thanks
Jon

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Why don't you put all your data in a list on one worksheet in the first place? You can add a column for Account.

Upvote 0
I did think about merging the two spreadsheets, but the way the data needs to be held on both spreadsheets are different as they are two different department spreadsheets.

Upvote 0
Once you have your data in a list on a single worksheet it will be easy to create reports in whatever form you want.

Upvote 0
It's a bit difficult to explain the need to have two seperate spreadsheets but we aren't able to merge the two together (I have tried to get this implemented on a number of occasions) but it's not a report we are after, it is purely, copynig one data from the Site Data spreadheet over to the Finance spreadsheet either using a formula or a macro to save time.

If this isnt' going to be easy or can't be done, we will just have to stick with standard manual data inputting.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back