Copying Information from Excel to Word

worlein0209

I have an order form which I made in Excel. I want to copy information from the order form (Called "OrderForm") to a word document (called "Quote Template.doc"). I have figured out how to get Excel VBA to open the existing word document.
Now, I need to go back and forth between the two and fill in information into my quote. I have bookmarked the places I want the excel data to go into. I am having a hell of a time figuring out exactly how to do that.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Why not just do a simple Mail Merge? The Mail Merge Wizard in Word can walk you through this. You just choose your Excel file as your Data Source, and then indicate where each Excel field should go on your Word template.

Once you set it up once, you can re-use it time and time again.

I think there are some good tutorials on doing Mail Merges out on the web, too, if you do a Google search.

Upvote 0
That sounds like a great idea and it had not occurred to me. However, I need this to be an automated function as the users of the form are technically challenged. Any other ideas?

Upvote 0
Once you do the initial set-up, as long as you keep re-using the same data source, all they will need to do is open the Word Template and click on the Merge Document button. Pretty simple!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivek chauhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back