Corrupted Windows Profile

Donald

Board Regular
***Cancel that. We found how to delete the profile. That was the issue****
A friend of mine logged on to a different workstation and after logging in the first time we tried to open Excel and it just hung. We tried to open Word and it just hangs. We tried to open Outlook and it just hangs. A window comes up reading "Microsoft Office Professional 2003" and displays a blue status bar. Excel gets about half the of blue bar as well as Word. Outlook Gets only a few bubbles.

Well I logged in as Administrator and I can open Excel or the others just fine. So thinking it was the profile, I tried to delete the profile but can not due to the Ntuser.dat file in the profile being used or referenced by something. I had already tried to just rename the profile.

I tried to stop services that might be involved but ended up doing to many and forced a shutdown.

Suggestions on getting rid of that profile or what might cause the orignal issue?

[Thread subject edited by admin--please do not change the titles of threads entirely when editing posts]

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back