Could really use a hand with conditional formatting based on an hourly gantt chart.

figuare9

Board Regular
Probably really gotta take a look at the pictures to see what I'm referencing here..

I have this partial hourly gantt chart I've heavily altered. It's separated every (2) hours.

I'm looking at entering data only on the left side. Essentially, only the task, date, and time. I'm looking for help on how to lay out the conditional formatting to make it so the data I enter, will format the gantt chart to the right. I'm not really sure on the best way to get it to work properly.

If I enter the date in my project start, it will automatically adjust the days to the right. The time will stay the same.

Please note; If an event starts or ends at an even time, (8A - 10A for example), I'd like it to fill from 7-11. (1 hour before, and one hour after) So on the left, it would read as 8A to 10A but would fill 7-11 in the gantt.

Here's what I have.

1.png

And here's what I'd like it to do, based on the data entered to the left.

2.png

Any help on this would be extremely appreciated. I'm definitely scratchin my head a bit here.

Thanks Guys!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 2.png
    2.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 9

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Did you manage to get this sorted? I am trying to do the same thing but not getting anywhere at all with this. Any progress you have made would be greatly appreciated as I have a task where I need this function to work!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back