Basic Gantt Chart - how to use conditional formatting to highlight percentage allocation per project

Eddie65789

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I was hoping the community can help me. I downloaded a standard Gantt template form Excel and have begun modifying it. I would like to present 3 months of data side by side in the same worksheet (only two shown in the images).

The challenge I have is that I can't seem to replicate the conditional formatting for the Feb data, its pulling through the data from columns C- E, rather than AL-AN. I'm not sure if the formulas used in the conditional formatting can used twice in one worksheet. PIC1 has the conditional formatting setting for Jan and PIC2, the conditional formatting for Feb.

Please let me know if any further information is required.

Thanks!

Attachments

• PIC1.JPG
    PIC1.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 10
  • PIC2.JPG
    PIC2.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 8
Okay, this is my SWAG at it. I'm guessing you want to see progress (orange) overlaid on expected timeline (red).
I do not have any named ranges in this.

Book1
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZAAABACADAEAFAGAHAIAJ
5ACTIVITYStartDur.% Alloc.12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031
6Jake Humpheries
7DAN0011100.29
8DAN0025100.25
9DAN00310200.41
11Conditional Formatting Formula (starting at cell F7)
12Completed=($C7<=F$5)*(($C7+($D7*$E7)-1)>=F$5)
13Not Completed=($C7<=F$5)*(($C7+($D7)-1)>=F$5)
Sheet1
Cells with Conditional Formatting
CellConditionCell FormatStop If True
F7:AJ9Expression=($C7<=F$5)*(($C7+($D7*$E7)-1)>=F$5)textNO
F7:AJ9Expression=($C7<=F$5)*(($C7+($D7)-1)>=F$5)textNO
F7:AJ9Expression=ISEVEN(COLUMN(F5))textNO

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Thanks for your continued support. Indeed I have found information in the Name Manager (see below). I have to admit I am completely ignorant on this area of Excel functionality and therefore how to edit it for my needs. I am trying to create multiple months with the same functionality as the first one, currently this is duplicating.

1706187289904.png

Upvote 0
Thanks for your continued support. Indeed I have found information in the Name Manager (see below). I have to admit I am completely ignorant on this area of Excel functionality and therefore how to edit it for my needs. I am trying to create multiple months with the same functionality as the first one, currently this is duplicating.

View attachment 105689
OK, well, as I suspected the named ranges were formulas. But, you've moved/deleted some cells that have made the formulas invalid (see the "REF#" portions of the formulas in the "refers to" column). This is probably why you began to get errors. This can't be fixed unless you have a back up of your original download (if you have version manager in your storage location you may have that).

But, it may not matter since you seem to be trying to tailor the workbook to different needs. Look at what I did in the prior post (POST #11) and comment please.
Please provide a clear and complete description of what colors you want to see in the calendar and what conditions are needed to make the color change.

Also, in the same sheet, since the formatting refers to mixed cell references (some fixed column, some fixed row) you will need to enter conditional formatting for each month of your worksheet, but just by editing the column and row references as necessary.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back