Count blank cells backwards from yesterday's date

blemon

Hi all,
Hope everyone is doing well.
I've tried searching for this solution but it seems more people need to omit blank cells, where I need to count them (and I am having trouble trying to word exactly what I need :()

Here is the scenario:
I have a pivot table, in the rows I have names, and in the columns I have the day of the week (Sept 1-19 for example today). In those columns there are hours. I need to be able to count how many blank cells up until the report date to share how many days there have been no shows. So for example, if they didn't show up from the 13th-18th, I need a formula that would spit out how many days that is.

I've used =COUNTBLANK(XLOOKUP($A$2,$C$25:$T$25,$C26:$T26)) and it is able to tell me that the date in question is blank, but I can't figure out how to make it count the previous blank cells if there are any.
($A$2 is the date, C-T date ranges and data)

I hope this makes sense because as I said, I struggle to articulate what I need.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
  • I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

• Can you give us some dummy sample data with XL2BB so that we have something to test with and explain what you want in relation to that sample data?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wayneho98

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back