Countif convert to percentage

stokie001

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Everyone,

I have been asked to create a percentage register for work. I now need to be able to convert the outcome of the countif figure to a percentage. This is the formula that I'm using at the moment. Can you please give me some help on how I can do this, please? =SUM(COUNTIF(C4:BZ4,"p")+(COUNTIF(C4:BZ4,"w"))/70*100)

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
I now need to be able to convert the outcome of the countif figure to a percentage.
As a percentage of what? If you want the count of "p" and "w" as a percentage of the overall count in the same range then it would be.
Excel Formula:
=SUM(COUNTIF(C4:BZ4,{"p","w"}))/COUNTIF(C4:BZ4,"?*")

Upvote 0
As a percentage of what? If you want the count of "p" and "w" as a percentage of the overall count in the same range then it would be.
Excel Formula:
=SUM(COUNTIF(C4:BZ4,{"p","w"}))/COUNTIF(C4:BZ4,"?*")

No the figure that the countif formula works out, so I may have to input a new coloum

Upvote 0
No the figure that the countif formula works out
That is always going to give you a result of 100%

What result do you expect if the row contains w,w,p,p,a,b,c,d,e,f

Also, where does 70 come from in your formula? Assuming no empty cells, C4:BZ4 is 76 possible values, not 70.

Upvote 0
That is always going to give you a result of 100%

What result do you expect if the row contains w,w,p,p,a,b,c,d,e,f

Also, where does 70 come from in your formula? Assuming no empty cells, C4:BZ4 is 76 possible values, not 70.

Our learners attend college 3 days a week. So I want to work out the percentage of its for the 3 days. And for each half term and each term, I want to work out the percentage of that as well. Hope that makes sense.

Upvote 0
None at all, try posting a visual example. There is a tool called XL2BB that allows you to post a mini sheet to the forum. Instructions on how to use it are provided in the link.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back