Auto calculation of Percentage, Position and Grade

BabaIyabo

Hello everyone.
Please I need help with this spreadsheet. I have 12 subject in total on the spreadsheet.
My students offered 10 while some offered 11 out of the 12 subjects.
Now, I need to calculate the underlisted.
Percentage: to calculate this, those students that offered 10 subjects, their total should be divided by 10 and those that offered 11 subjects, their total be divided by 11

Position: In finding the position, the student with the highest percentage comes 1st, followed by the next in line. Also note that if we have 3 students with the same percentage, it means that position will be repeated 3 times e.g if we have 69.05 appearing 3 times for 3 different students, the position will appear as 3rd, 3rd and 3rd, it means the next position will be 6th as there will not be 4th and 5th because of the reoccurrence of 3rd.

Grade: In grading, the percentage column will be used. From there we can deduce 0 – 29 as F, 30 – 39 as “E”, 40 – 49 as “D”, 50 – 59 as “C”, 60 – 69 as “B” and 70 and above as “A”

Remark: in getting the remark, 3 criteria will be used. Each student must score 50% and above in English Language, Mathematics and must have 50 and above percentage. Is the student meets this criteria, the Remark column returns a “PASS” else “Failed” and if a student did not partake in any of the exam i.e 0 in percentage the remark returns absent.

Thank you in anticipation.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    35.6 KB · Views: 29

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
May i suggest you post your data using the Mr. Excel xl2bb add in (link below) which allows you to share you data as a mini work sheet? In case you cannot do that, then please post your data as a table. By posting an image, which is marginally helpful you're asking the forum to complete recreate your scenario and there can be typographical or understanding errors which will give you an incorrect solution and waste the forum''s time.

Additionally, you do not disclose what version of excel you use. Many solutions are are either easier or just not possible depending on your version of excel. Please update your profile so your excel version appears with you avatar.

Please help the forum help you.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterms

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back