Countif Formula doesn't appear to working properly

Damian37

Office Version
  1. 365
Hello all,
I'm trying to use a countif formula to identify when something is > 7 days, however the same results are coming up whether the object is > 7 days or not. The formula that I'm using is:
=countif(B4:B1104, ">7")/count(B4:B1104)

Ex.
TCD_c_Serial
Average of Days Aged
> 7 Days
14%
14%
0B71J34002023
14%

<tbody>
</tbody>

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.
D.

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Based on your example, your formula returns 0.66667, which is correct, as 2 out of the 3 records exceed 7.
What does your formula return on those three records?

Upvote 0
Your formula would just tell you what % of rows have values greater than 7 in column B (ignores blanks)

what else should it do? not sure what you mean to do... are you trying to calculate something on each row and drag down?

this will tell you if a row is greater than 7... =B4>7 then you get true and false... that would do what you said... identify which rows are greater than 7... you need to explain a little more ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your formula would just tell you what % of rows have values greater than 7 in column B (ignores blanks)

what else should it do? not sure what you mean to do... are you trying to calculate something on each row and drag down?

this will tell you if a row is greater than 7... =B4>7 then you get true and false... that would do what you said... identify which rows are greater than 7... you need to explain a little more ;)

Thank you cerfani. After going over the data with my manager, just the % of instances where the data was > 7 days was what they were looking for.

D.

Upvote 0
Thank you cerfani. After going over the data with my manager, just the % of instances where the data was > 7 days was what they were looking for.
That is what your formula currently does. So what exactly seems to be the issue?
If there is still an issue, please explain it in detail and answer the question I posted in my earlier response.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burgsrus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back