Counting Days of the Week

emelam

I have a list of formatted dates in Excel 2003 and I need to count how many Mondays are in that list. I'm having trouble finding a function that will work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

emelam

Brian from Maui

MrExcel MVP
Something like,

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(A1:A10)=2))

If you range contains no empty cells, if there are,

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(A1:A10)=2),--(A1:A10<>""))

Greg Truby

MrExcel MVP
Brian, FWIW, your 1<sup>st</sup> formula works just fine for me on a range containing blanks.

Brian from Maui

MrExcel MVP
Greg Truby said:
Brian, FWIW, your 1<sup>st</sup> formula works just fine for me on a range containing blanks.
Greg,

Initially, I thought the blank cells would be counted as Sundays because of the default date 1/1/1900, but it counts Saturdays if the cell is empty. I can't figure why.

Greg Truby

MrExcel MVP
That would be because 0 = Sat, 00-Jan-1900. And thanks, 'cause I didn't think to test looking for Sundays nor Saturdays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Winfield Ullrich I

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Problem with Radio Button's format control
    I am creating an employee evaluation template (a sample is below) Column A is the category Column B, C D, E and F will be ratings (unacceptable...
  • Last Display on userform to a Listbox
    [CODE=vba] lstdisplay.ColumnCount = 15 lstdisplay.RowSource = "A1:O600000" [/CODE] So when i do this it Displays everything on the sheet i am...
  • Rename and move files to a new location
    Dear all, I have an excel file with the following information. The actual file name is at column A but i want to rename it using the following...
  • Help with True/False Formula
    Hello! Am stumped how to fix this formula, in which my result returns 'True', but it should return False. =IF(AG2=True...
  • Clear extra characters from a provided range of cells
    Dear All, I have following code which gives me desired output to remove extra characters from a provided range. But it takes too much time when...
  • Help with Current and highest streaks
    Hi there, I've just joined the forum and this is my first post. I've already spent quite a bit of time searching the net and this forum for a...