Counting number of cells in a range with dates over a certai

alphazero

I have a list of dates. I want to be able to count how many of those fields have dates that are 90 days or less from today's date.

Sorry if this has been covered before... I did try a search, but didn't find anthing.

Thanks!

On 2002-08-26 11:34, alphazero wrote:
Ok. THanks a lot.

I have another formula I am trying to get working:

=COUNTIF(AVERAGE(F23:F31), B5)

Basically, I want to get the average of a group of numbers... but only include the numbers associated with the value of "B5". I keep getting a message that I have an error... but can't see what is wrong with the above formula.

How do I know whether a number in F3:F31 is asociated with the value in B5? That is, Is there a range associated with F3:F31, for which B5 must hold?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Yes. You're right.

B5 should be associated with the values B23:B31. If any values between those cells matches B5, then the value in the associated cells F23:F31 should be included in the Average. How do I change my formula to make this work?

Upvote 0
On 2002-08-26 12:09, alphazero wrote:
Yes. You're right.

B5 should be associated with the values B23:B31. If any values between those cells matches B5, then the value in the associated cells F23:F31 should be included in the Average. How do I change my formula to make this work?

Either of:

[1]

=AVERAGE(IF(B23:B31=B5,F23:F31))

[2]

=SUMIF((B23:B31,B5,F23:F31)/MAX(1,SUMPRODUCT((B23:B31=B5)*(ISNUMBER(F23:F31))))

The formula in [1] must be entered by hitting control+shift+enter at the same, not just enter.

Upvote 0
You people are great! Thanks again. I had actually tried method #1 before, but didn't understand the ctrl+shift+enter combo. Working great, thanks!

Upvote 0
you need to array enter a combination of average & if.

(see http://www.mrexcel.com/tip011.shtml for info on array formulas - a.k.a. CSE formulas).

The following gives an example: with data in a2:b5, find the average of the numbers in col a with an 'a' in col b. The formula is:

=AVERAGE(IF(B2:B5="a",A2:A5))

(which needs to be array entered - with control + shift + enter, enot just enter. excel will add the curly brackets).
Book4
ABCD
1NumsIdsAveof'a'
21a1.5
32a
43b
54b
Sheet1

Hope this helps,
Paddy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back