Create a schedule that changes background color through time

scooparama

I am running a production on 3 stages at the NAB tradeshow in Las Vegas. I have created a schedule of the performances. I want to have the cells change color as time passes. 5 minutes before the scheduled performance time, I want the cell to go from white to yellow. At the start of the performance, I want the cell background to turn green. After the conclusion of the performance, I want it red. Can this be done? It's got me stymied!
I would attach my feeble attempt, but I can't see that option here. BTW, I'm using Excel 2011 for the Mac, version 14.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
I have done my best to check if this is working perfectly. I am using windows, Office 2010.

Please download the file from below link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3qfc05trp26nr1/scooparama.xlsb

in 2nd and 3rd column you have to keep schedule time (start time and end time respectively). Last two columns are just for the understanding. You can delete it later once you understand the concept.

Status of the color coding will be changed every 10 seconds.

Upvote 0
Thanks so much. The sheet works, but I couldn't figure out how to extend it to cover the whole performance day. If you provide me with an email address, I will email you the schedule I built so you can apply the settings to it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sameri

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back