Create shortcut to document by dragging to Excel

zzr1100

Hi everone,

I would like to make a reference or index file from where i can open other documents. The documents are located in several folders and subfolders.

To keep it userfriendly i would like the option to drag and drop the document to the excel 'index'-file which creates a shortcut to the dragged document.

If someone has a idea please let me know. (even if it is not possible in excel i would like to know if you have other recommedations for this purpose)

Hope my question is clear and you can help, thanks in advance for your answer.

gr,
Sven

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
I do not know how to do a drag and drop to initiate a hyperlink, but you can insert hyperlinks into excel to be able to go to other documents and files

Upvote 0
I do not know how to do a drag and drop to initiate a hyperlink, but you can insert hyperlinks into excel to be able to go to other documents and files
Thanks for you swift reaction.

I used hyperlinks before but they are not userfriendly enough for this application.
Multiple persons will create the files in the folders and subfolders, they will have to make the effort of updating the shortcut file. Therfore it should be as simple as possible otherwise my expectation is the updating will fail.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiansth

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back