Creating a button or macro that multiplies two cells and displays the answer. (School Assignment)

bellakim00

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hey,
So I have a school assignment where we had to create something in excel and I created a timesheet. For one part, I am calculating the sub-total (multiplying rate by the hours worked), and originally I just added a formula in the formula bar so it did it automatically however my teacher would like me to create a button that, when pressed, displays what the sub total is.
I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with this? I've attached an image of my document.
Essentially, I just need a button that multiplies two cells and displays the answer, if possible?
Thank you!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

bellakim00

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Sorry here's the image

Attachments

• Image.png
    Image.png
    44 KB · Views: 4

ChrisFoster

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
A very simple way of you doing what you want is to record a macro. Go to your developer tab and press record macro. You then need to perform the multiplication and stop the recorder. Once you have your macro you can insert a shape (button) and assign the macro to it so when you press it, it then performs the action you've just recorded.

Does that make sense?

bellakim00

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
A very simple way of you doing what you want is to record a macro. Go to your developer tab and press record macro. You then need to perform the multiplication and stop the recorder. Once you have your macro you can insert a shape (button) and assign the macro to it so when you press it, it then performs the action you've just recorded.

Does that make sense?
Yeah that sounds great thanks

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krucial155