Creating a Dependent DropList from same List Source (One to One) based on dates

ExcelDude007

Is it possible to create a dependent drop list from one source of data? How do I limit selections choice by date constraints? In addition, it filters out the date selection from the first choice and the user can not pick a date going backwards?
Creating a market model for senior execs and BOD that are not too Excel savvy. (I’m in the midst of importing a BI tool, but Excel will have to do in the meantime).

e.g.
For M/M comparison of Jan 2010, the second choice forces user to pick a date Month greater than their selection. In this case Feb 2010. Cannot go backwards (e.g. Dec ’09).
For 6 Month over 6 Month Trends: Selection of Jan 2010-Jun 2010, user selection on 2nd drop list must pick subsequent Jul 2010-Dec 2010 selection and cannot go backwards (e.g. Jul’09-Dec’09)
Qtr to Qtr: Maximum range is 3 months Jan2010-Mar2010 selection forces Apr-Jun2010 and cannot go backwards.
If I wanted to do 1Q10 over 1Q11 comparison, Is this possible?
Standard CY
Fiscal CY: Apr-Mar

Ultimately this will drive the SumIfs, VLookups, and dynamic charts I've created.

Thank You so much for your help!

I've attached a link to dropbox so you may see the excel file and what I'm trying to do.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/370313/Dependent%20Date%20Selection.xlsx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brook1083

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...