Creating a user friendly comment section

KlaasE

Hi everyone,

I haven't exactly got a technical problem (yet) with what I'm making. What I've been doing is make a comment section in a work document where people from different departments can add comments. What I made so far is this:

Example Commentsection.png

A textbox with comments, that can be filled with this userform:
Example Comment UserForm.png

If some one would like to add a comment to the document, they can press the big comment button and the Userform appears. They'll have to select their initials from the listbox and enter the comment in the textbox next to it. When finished they press the button and it will be copied to the textbox on the sheet.

Now it works fine, as long as no one makes a typo or needs a comment to be deleted. Right now if they want to delete something, they will send me an email or come to my desk to have me delete it. Rather inefficient.

So here is my question: is there a user friendly way that I can let the users remove their own comments, or should I change my whole 'comment section' to make that possible? I'm not an expert on excel, so my main problem is not knowing all the possibilities.
Also worth mentioning, most of the users are very incompetent with excel and computers in general, so for them it needs to be fool proof.

Thanks for any advice!

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
if you want to only permit a user to edit or delete their own comments then you are going to need to store their username with the comments, see application.username property, so I think you are going to have to modify your current comment system.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miahr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back