Creating dashboard using cell values from multiple worksheets

spicerguy

Hi,
I have a worksheet where I have a dashboard on a worksheet which references multiple worksheets. I am referencing data in cells which have the same relative locations throughout the worksheets by using an index of sheet names and then using a INDIRECT function (eg for the index being in column A, this might be =INDIRECT("'"&A3&"'!f3") for data held in f3 in each worksheet.

As I add new worksheets I copy down a new row on the dashboard worksheet and update the index name and the static fields update well.

However, there are cells I would like to reference further down in each worksheet which may move up or down a column (but remain in the same column) due to additional data being added in new rows. Eg, the data I want to reference from worksheet 2 might be in g11, but in worksheet 3 it might be in g12. Is there any way of using anchors or names which follow a cell that I could use in the indirect function that would update with a copy down from a previous row? or is this just not possible and I will have to update the cell reference manually for each dashboard column entry?

thanks
Spicerguy

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
al mugheen

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back