Creating lists of names based on value in a column

Helluvaname

I'm sure this is easy to those that know, but would appreciate a "simple" way to achieve this please.
I have a list of members of a charity, and each member has volunteered to work on one or more days.
The data looks like this:

1602768453796.png

I'd like to have the daily tabs of the workbook display the information like this:

1602768655852.png

A final tab with "unallocated" members, ie those with nothing in the Day(s) column, would also be useful.

The simplest way to achieve this would be appreciated, bearing in mind the Members list data will be added to, or amended, by non-technical people.
Many thanks, Ian

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
How about
Working groups.xlsx
ABC
1Working Group
3MondayTime9.15am
5LeaderJoe Bloggs
6Mini Minor
7Frank Stare
Monday
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C3C3=INDEX(Members!$G$4:$G$100,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW(Members!$G$4:$G$100)-ROW(Members!$G$4)+1)/(Members!$F$4:$F$100=A5)/(ISNUMBER(SEARCH($A$3,Members!$E$4:$E$100))),1))
B5B5=INDEX(Members!$A$4:$A$100,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW(Members!$A$4:$A$100)-ROW(Members!$A$4)+1)/(Members!$F$4:$F$100=A5)/(ISNUMBER(SEARCH($A$3,Members!$E$4:$E$100))),1))
B6:B10B6=IFERROR(INDEX(Members!$A$4:$A$100,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW(Members!$A$4:$A$100)-ROW(Members!$A$4)+1)/(Members!$F$4:$F$100<>$A$5)/(ISNUMBER(SEARCH($A$3,Members!$E$4:$E$100))),ROWS(B$6:B6))),"")

Upvote 0
Solution
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0
Actually, one more question please!
I've tried copying the tab to get Tuesday (etc), but get #NUM! error in cells C3 and B5.
What do I need to change for each day?

Upvote 0
You shouldn't need to change any thing as long as you put the formulae in c3, b5 & b6 down for each sheet.

Upvote 0
Hmm, OK, I think I must have something slightly different on my actual data file from the "test" file, as you're right it works on the test file.
On the data file I have added two more columns at the start of the sheet (A=First name and B=Surname, and then for example C3=A3&" "&B3 to combine them into the full name (this is so they can sort the list by first or surname).
So in B5 for the leaders name I have:
=INDEX(Members!$C$4:$C$100,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW(Members!$C$4:$C$100)-ROW(Members!$C$4)+1)/(Members!$H$4:$H$100=A5)/(ISNUMBER(SEARCH($A$3,Members!$G$4:$G$100))),1))
Which works for Monday but not Tuesday.

I also have the Time displayed in B3 not C3. so in B3 I have:
=INDEX(Members!$I$4:$I$100,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW(Members!$I$4:$I$100)-ROW(Members!$I$4)+1)/(Members!$H$4:$H$100=A5)/(ISNUMBER(SEARCH($A$3,Members!$G$4:$G$100))),1))
Which works for Monday, but not Tuesday.

I'm afraid i don't understand the formula enough to know what I need to change to allow copying to a new tab for a new day?

Upvote 0
Does A5 on both sheets have the word Leader & A3 has the day of the week?
If so make sure those cells do not have any leading/trailing spaces.

Upvote 0
If it works for Monday, then either there is no data for Tuesday, or the values in A3 & A5 are wrong.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hana2911

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back